Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration 5 - Cities In Contention  (Read 1876 times)
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« on: July 07, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »

Check out THIS ARTICLE FROM THE BALTIMORE BUSINESS JOURNAL.  According to the article the cities in contention for C5 include:

-Baltimore, Maryland
-Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Chicago, Illinois
-Indianapolis, Indiana
-Orlando, Florida

Stabilize your rear deflectors.  Watch for enemy fighters.
TK2320
Supreme Chancellor

So That's What An Invisible Barrier Looks Like

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »

I vote for Baltimore, since its the closest to me.
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »

Baltimore is the most convenient city for me, but I wasn't impressed with the convention facilities I saw when I was there for the Baltimore Comic Con.

Phatty
Youngling

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »

I've heard that Baltimore's convention center is about as good as Indianapolis' con center.  I live in Indiana, but closer to Chicago than Indy, so I'm hoping for either Chicago or Indy.  Indy is cheaper all around, from hotel to parking to food, but if it's in Chicago, they can have it in McCormack Place, which is easily bigger than Indy con center, and it's close to home so I don't need a hotel.
Rogue3
War Room Command
Jedi Council Member

Cowboy Force!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »

As long as I don't have to fly to it this time!! I vote for east coast / mid east. I'm in Lexington KY, so any of those places are drivable for me, except maybe minneapolis. I vote for Chicabo or Indy.

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »

I don't really mind flying to a Celebration.  It's kind of a vacation for me, and perhaps I associate flying someplace more with a vacation.  But if the airfares are crazy, then driving becomes an option.

I think Orlando would be nice just because there's so much to do there in addition to the convention.  The climate's favorable.  There's loads of theme parks.  Hotels are plentiful.  What's not to like in that case?

Chicago seems cool, too.  I've been to three Wizard World shows in Chicago, and the convention center in Rosemont was decent.  But if it's in Chicago proper, that might be even cooler.  Chicago is a cool city, definitely.

Not sure about doing Indy again.  I did C2 and C3 in Indy, and the facility seemed overtaxed for Celebration 3.  However there are new convention facilities opening up along with the new football stadium for the Colts.  That may be an attractive option there.

Minneapolis seems somewhat out of the way.  I know it's still in the midwest, but it doesn't seem as central as either Indy or Chicago.

Baltimore?  I'm just not sure about that.  The Inner Harbor area is nice, but the surrounding area can be a little rough.

SITHSPAWN
Youngling

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

Without doute I will go if it is in Chicago, Indy, or Minn.  I live within 12hrs of any of them.  The other 2 might kill it for me though.
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

Bumping this thread up.  Steve Sansweet confirmed that Celebration 5 is in the works.  A city and date have yet to be confirmed.

Apparently at least another couple of cities are in contention, including Los Angeles and Boston.

darth_apathy
Jedi Master

Just the Rebels sir...they're here

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »

Being from the Midwest, I would have to vote for Minneapolis or Chicago. Flying wouldn't be an option so I would have to drive.

My God man do they want tea?
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:06 PM »

I've been checking the websites of the convention centers for the contending cities.  Nothing to report so far.

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 05:41:35 AM »

Check out THIS GALACTIC BINDER POSTING

BREAKING NEWS: Star Wars Celebration 5 To Be Held in Orlando, Florida

Breaking news: Reliable sources have confirmed to GalacticBinder.com that Star Wars Celebration 5 will be held in Orlando, Florida in the summer of 2010.

Over the past several months, Orlando's Orange County Convention Center has been rumored as a strong contender to play host to the convention, and it now appears that it has indeed been selected as the location.

No confirmation on the dates at this point, but per earlier internet reports it's likely to be sometime around August 12th through Sunday August 15th, 2010.

darth_apathy
Jedi Master

Just the Rebels sir...they're here

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »

CRUD!!

My God man do they want tea?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Themes

Permanent?
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc