Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Roundup - Week of September 5th, 2008  (Read 1214 times)
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« on: September 05, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES - HASBRO Q&A ROUNDUP - Week of September 5th, 2008

Thanks for dropping by and checking out JTA's roundup of all of the Hasbro Q&A sessions from around the web.  The roundup is continually updating as we get more and more responses posted at the participating websites.  If you know of a site that's participating in the Q&A's but isn't represented in our roundup, please drop us a line with a hyperlink to that site's Q&A.

You can check out each site's postings by clicking on the website title.  The Star Wars Q&A's are posted alphabetically, and are followed by any Indiana Jones Q&A's that the Hasbro Lucasfilm team has fielded.

Also be sure to check back as we distill the Q&A's down to the real nitty gritty with out Q&A Headlines.  That is where we give you real news that comes out of the Q&A:  newly confirmed items, assortments, exclusive details, etc.  And feel free to post about what Hasbro is saying in the Q&A process here in the Jedi Temple War Room.

That being said, let's start of at home:

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES

QUESTION:  Just when we thought we had seen every variety of Clone Trooper under the sun, something new comes along.  Witness the theatrical release of THE CLONE WARS this past weekend, and we saw a couple of new incarnations for the clones of Jango Fett.  The most notable new versions being the Clone Scouts from Teth, and the Clone Bridge Officers from the Republic Star Destroyer.  Are these clones on the radar screen?  And are they more likely in the animated style or a movie realistic rendition?

ANSWER:  There is a good chance that we will see one or both of these clones within the next year or two, especially if they appear in multiple episodes.  As with all of the figures seen on-screen in Clone Wars, they will be released in animated styling.  We have no designs on bringing the animated figures into the "realistic" line or vice-versa.

QUESTION:  After having searched through the archives a bit, it's become apparent that there has not been an EPISODE I Anakin Skywalker figure in the Basic Figure line since 2001.  There seem to be indications of an EPISODE I wave on the horizon, but would a TPM Anakin Skywalker be in the mix?  And could we expect him as the slave, the pod racer, or the Jedi padawan should he be in a TPM wave?

ANSWER:  True that there have been no EpI Anakin releases in quite some time.  However, we don't have a new one lined up for the EpI wave next year.  It is an interesting one to take a look at for down the road if we feel that we can offer a new take on little Annie.

QUESTION:  The new Snowspeeder pilot figures are quite cool.  When might we be able to expect a new Snowspeeder vehicles for these guys?  The rebel Snowspeeder seems long overdue for an update like the X-Wing and TIE Fighter have been treated to.  Can our new Rogue Squadron rebel pilots expect some new rides before long?  And if so, can we expect such a Snowspeeder to be offered at the $20 vehicle price point?

ANSWER:  We are working on a new Snowspeeder, but it's taking longer than we hoped to fit it into the line.  It would not be in 2009 in any case, and we agree with you that it would be a good basic vehicle for the $19.99 lineup if we can get the beastie to cost out.

ACTION FIGS

QUESTION:  Fans are always curious about the decision process that goes into picking which characters do (and don't) get put in a specific wave, especially when it comes to background characters. Could you shed some light on how you decided what figures were included in the upcoming ROTS and ANH waves, 2 waves with especially interesting and background entries, and by doing so give some example of the complicated decision-making processes which you've mentioned before that go into each figure and each wave?

ANSWER:  It's a simple process but incredibly complicated in terms of the logistics at the same time since we have to factor in tooling, workload crunch, the "hero" quotient of any wave, and the like. A small group of folks on the Star Wars team lay out the waves for any given year. Once we see what new takes on heroic characters we can bring to bear, and how much tooling they will need, we then look at how many lesser-known background character (also known as "collector only" figures because of their narrow appeal) slots we have to work with. We then select based on ideas we have been keeping in the "parking lot" list and any personal lists we have been keeping. Ideas in the parking lot come from many sources, including the countless times we have watched the films, good ideas from the fans that come in through the Q&A, our visits to web site forums, reference books (for instance this is where we got most of the great McQuarrie info), etc. Doing this is fun but frustrating, since everyone has favorites and few of them can actually make it into the narrow number of slots (sometimes good exclusives ideas also spin out of the selection process). Naturally, there is a good amount of back and forth "I'll give you Yarna if you give me a Wioslea," etc. Once we have the waves laid out, we consult with the Lucasfilm team, who adds their own flavor, and after some always fun back-and-forth we have a list.

QUESTION:  Recently, Hasbro stated it was "less likely" that Aurra Sing would be updated with better articulation. Might Hasbro reconsider that position given the fact that she was a major villain in several comic series, and is an action-oriented character which thus merits a better-articulated figure? Aurra could go great in a comic pack with perhaps Sharad Hett, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Reess Kairn, Torgo Tahn, Senator Tikkes, Aayla Secura or even an updated Adi Gallia.

ANSWER:  We don't rule out that someday we could update Aurra Sing, but she isn't high on our list right now given some of the other figures we have coming. The version of Aurra that we have right now (last released in 2006) is, we think, still a very solid figure and the need to update her isn't as pressing....at least for now. You'll see, too, why at least two of your choices would not be good ones, as they are both coming out in the same pack in late Spring 2009.

QUESTION:  With the Dwarf Spider Droid being in the Clone Wars CG animated series, and aside from a few tiny issues looking pretty much identical to the one in AOTC and ROTS, might we possibly see a new Dwarf Spider released with more screen accuracy, actual leg articulation, and no wind-up walking feature? It'd cover both CG and realistic collectors' needs.

ANSWER:  Interesting suggestion, but we're more likely to re-release the one we have in the Clone Wars line since it has a pretty cool kid-feature.

ACTIONFIGURECOLLECTORS

QUESTION:  Will all or a select few of the Animated characters make it into the Legacy (or future) line? For instance, will we see Ahsoka in the non-animated lines?

ANSWER:  We have no plans to bring any of the new characters introduced into the animated line into the realistic line.

QUESTION:  Since the release of the new Falcon and the AT-TE, will we see other Larger vehicles in the future, perhaps a new "death star" playset? hint hint!

ANSWER:  We would like to do more, and we're working on concepts. The future of the large vehicle program, though, will be written out over the next four months as we go through our holiday sales season and kids (and additional collectors) vote with their purchases. If we announce another one, it would not be before Toy Fair timing (February 2009). We are much more likely to pursue vehicles, and would not consider new playset concepts unless they are heavily featured in the new entertainment.

QUESTION:  With the recent success of the Hasbro GI Joe line and it's use of the "classic style" packaging, is it possible to see this direction taken for Star Wars (similar to the vintage line) where new figures would be packaged on a more classic-designed card?

ANSWER:  The Star Wars Vintage line is the exact template that has been used for GI Joe line, with great success in both cases (the main difference being the protective outer clamshell). We are still deciding when Vintage will be reintroduced, but know that we all want to see it come back...it's just a matter of when, how it will be tweaked, etc.

BANTHASKULL

QUESTION:  Clones like Captain Rex and the standard phase 1 pack-in with the AT-TE seem to be made using a softer, yet sturdy plastic, that allows for a little more give, and takes the weathering process with supurb results. Is there any chance of seeing (a) this material, and (b) the weathering, being used on Legacy style figures, including clones, in the near future?

ANSWER:  As far as we can ascertain, we have not spec’d any different materials for the two lines, T-Vader. You may be seeing individual batch differences.  As for the weathering, as cool as that is, it’s a backbreaker for costing (high labor intensiveness) and we plan to move away from this down the road.

QUESTION:  Now that we have had or are getting three of the most iconic OT vehicles redone in a better scale with more detailing (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and Millennium Falcon), can we expect this trend to continue? I am especially referring to the Slave 1. It is about due for another release and is in need of a major overhaul. It could be a great seller if done properly and the new tooling could even be used twice with minor changes and released as Jango’s Slave 1 as well. 

ANSWER:  We certainly hope to get to a new Slave I sometime down the road, but that one would probably need entertainment support to justify since it would be a meaty investment.

QUESTION:  We know that both an exciting presentation as well as theft prevention are goals when designing packaging. The plastic figure trays often force the limbs of figures into odd action poses that cause warping, and may also trap lightsabers in such a way that the only way to remove them is to bend them. The rubber bands tend to dig into the soft plastic
(particularly hands holding weapons) and leave marks. The wire twist ties are especially nightmarish! The Ultimate Battle Packs were particularly infamous, and required one to use the “Jaws of Life” to free the toys from their plastic prisons. Is there any way it can be designed so that we paying customers to have an easier time opening our toys?

ANSWER:  The pack-out methods we have developed help the product display in the way intended with minimal invasiveness (which is not always totally successful) as well as enable us to pass transit testing, which is a measure of how much a product moves or changes from its intended approved version while being transported. Since the cost of damaged or rendered unsalable product is high if we don’t get it right, the tendency is to err on the side of caution in making sure that everything looks great when it arrives on shelf. We never try to stress the figures beyond their normal poses, and in opening hundreds of figures ourselves we haven’t seen much evidence of undue stress to the figure. We do acknowledge that accessories, like lightsabers, do take some stress when removed sometimes, and we’ll keep that in mind as we work on pack-outs in the future.

To be continued.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:01:12 PM by Gold 5 » Logged

Stabilize your rear deflectors.  Watch for enemy fighters.
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES - HASBRO Q&A ROUNDUP - Week of September 5th, 2008 - PART 2

CREATURE CANTINA

QUESTION:  For all the great stuff that’s been accomplished with Star Wars toys these last few years (I still have to keep pinching myself every time I look at my BMF Falcon & AT-TE, they’re so great), this “Valid only in the U.S.A. and Canada” blurb I’ve seen on the Commander Rex special offer has me seeing red. Are there going to be any plans to make the figure available to us overseas fans, or am I going to have to call in favours from some of my friends in North America to get this figure?  And in a similar vein, do you have any plans to increase product circulation in Britain?  I ask because I once saw a store’s ordering catalogue for Revenge of the Sith products with more than half the toys inside labelled “Not available outside the USA.”

ANSWER:  We are working on all points.  When we do promotions, we will increasingly look toward "global" or multi-market implementation of that promotion, as well as the product line in general.  Right now, the plan is to bring Captain Rex to the U.K. and some other markets in Spring 2009, details of which will be forthcoming (although it's highly unlikely to be a mail-in as in North America).

QUESTION:  So how much would Hell have to freeze over for us to start getting new playsets? I’m tired of using old GI Joe bases for Imperial garrisons.

ANSWER:  Our focus remains on expanding the realm of vehicles, since the performance of playsets in recent years (and not just in Star Wars but other lines as well), not to mention their exorbitant production expense, remain two unfortunate strikes against them. 

QUESTION:  I like to customize action figures as a hobby.  But I get kind of depressed when I spend a lot of time, effort, money, and materials on a custom figure, only to have Hasbro make the same character a year or two later, only twice as good, three times more articulated, and with paint that doesn’t come off every time you move the joints.  So, if I’m going to continue this hobby, are there any Star Wars characters that Hasbro will never, ever consider making?  For example, if I spring for an electroplating kit and mix up a batch of blue dye, can you guarantee that you will never produce Battle Packs of the “Uzay” Headman and his Blue Stars or The Rebel Four (from the Star Wars Tales comics), for example?

ANSWER:  We're sorry to be systematically crushing your spirit by producing figures you would like to see.  However, we will promise to leave you some room for your own expressions, with peace of mind knowing there are some figures we will not be pursuing.  The figures you cited are outstanding examples of figures we will not be doing and a great starting point.  There are others, or course, including two female Cantina patrons who shall go nameless, as well as some other characters who were in the same TV special where we saw the debut of Boba Fett, but we'll leave specifics of those out of the conversation for now.  Have fun, and be sure to share the results of your labors with the community for all to enjoy.

GALACTIC HUNTER

QUESTION:  Reports from Comic Con indicate you're not going to include the tables that come with Brainiac and "Old Ben Kenobi" in the next A New Hope wave. Can you explain the reasons for this, and will those tables be included elsewhere?

ANSWER:  The reason was pretty simple - the overall cost of the wave out of the factory as proposed was killing us, and the only solution was removing parts to get it down.  We had to remove something and rather than remove, say, the Jawa that was scheduled to come with the WED-15 Droid we removed the tables.  We will look to include them elsewhere sometime, perhaps in a Battle Pack or future figure if we can absorb the costs.  Incidentally, we are constantly making these decisions and most of the time fans never know about them....in this case, we decided to show pics of Wave 1 '09 anyway since they were the best pics we had for Comic Con.  The alternative was to not show anything at all, and we felt it was better to go ahead and show the wave since it's (in our opinion) a fantastic wave.

[Editor's Note: Even we'll admit that life has gone up living at $4/gallon.]

QUESTION:  Many months ago you mentioned in a Q&A that a new Wedge Antilles figure was coming in 2008. Is this still the case, or have plans changed?

ANSWER:  Unfortunately, plans have changed due to the lateness of the set he was in and we just couldn't make it to shelf in time for this year. The set he is in will be coming later in 2009.

QUESTION:  The Magnaguard Fighter Ship looks a lot like General Grievous' escape ship from Revenge of the Sith. Might there be a retool in the works to make a great new fighter ship?

ANSWER:  We would not retool the Grievous ship to create a Magnaguard Fighter. Instead, we would just do the ship as a new tool. Which we are, for Spring 2009.

IMPERIAL SHIPYARDS

QUESTION:  Hasbro, given the newly established and corrected scale of ewok  figures, how long are we going to have to wait for a corrected Wicket or Logray for that matter?  Given that Wicket is the most prominent of all the ewoks, he would seem to demand an upgrade.

ANSWER:  They are on the "short list" (ha ha!) of Ewoks that we would like to do soon.  Soon in this case means in the next 1-2 years, so we are confidentthat your patience will be rewarded.

QUESTION:  Hasbro, is there a chance that we will be seeing that single pilot imperial shuttle looking troop transport from the new clone wars movie?  I would love to add that ship to my collection and it would not be too hard to reproduce to actual 3 3/4 figure scale.

ANSWER:  That is actually a *huge* vehicle.  Right now we have no plans to do that one, since some other more overtly "aggressive" and less shuttle-like vehicles are in our sites. If it continues to remain prevalent in the entertainment, and sees more action than just shuttling troops, then at some point we will consider it again.

QUESTION:  The rumor mill is running full-tilt about the 10th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace.  You have "hinted" that if the AT-TE and the BMF were a success that you may have plans for another "super-sizing". It was mentioned on Yodasnews.com that you are waiting until after the Holiday rush to determine the full impact of these large-scale vehicles. That being said, would it now be possible to get some more information as to the identity of any new supersized ships you have on the drawing board?

ANSWER:  We will not be releasing any more info at this time, for two reasons:  1. We have yet to get through the holiday season, and 2. We will be unveiling the news of the 2009 Fall line at Toy Fair and other toy events starting in early 2009.  You'll have to wait until then for concrete news on our next vehicle plans.  One thing we can confirm is that there will NOT be big vehicle news regarding the Phantom Menace.

JEDI INSIDER

QUESTION:  I am working on getting all 6 sets to the High Jedi Council, and I only have two more packs to go! I know coming soon to the Legacy Collection is a pack with Jedi Council members Yaddle and Even Piell. Also, we will have a new Stass Allie who is on the Council in Episode 3. I was wondering if we could get new figures for the council, especially a Depa Billaba that can sit so I can sit her down proper in her seat! I'd also like a new Eeth Koth! What are the chances of seeing these figures in the Legacy Collection for 2009?

ANSWER:  There is no chance that those figures will be in the lineup for 2009, but we think there is a decent chance they could make 2010 or shortly thereafter. Upgraded versions of the Council seem to be on a lot of fans' radar screens, so we will take your suggestion under advisement as we start to work on the 2010 line, with good ideas that we can't fit in rolling into the "parking lot."

QUESTION:  Will we see a Ziro the Hutt figure made for the Clone Wars line?

ANSWER:  We do not have plans for Ziro right now, but based on fan interest he is someone we are considering, perhaps as a future exclusive.

QUESTION:  When the 'spirit of Yoda' figure is updated, would it be like the OTC 'Spirit of Obi-Wan' (iridescent plastic cloak) [my personal favortite] or 30th ANniversary 'Spirit of Anakin' (transluent cloth cloak). Have matching versions of Anakin/Obi-Wan been considered?

ANSWER:  We love that version too, and while there is no plan to update Yoda, we agree that the same standards should be used so we can eventually see a matched set of Spirits.

To be continued.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:03:08 PM by Gold 5 » Logged

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:55:17 PM »

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES - HASBRO Q&A ROUNDUP - Week of September 5th, 2008 - PART 3

JEDI NEWS

QUESTION:  Will there be any more figures from The Clone Wars movie after Wave 3?  We'd love to see a Ziro and Jabba in the animated style and think that they would make a great battle pack (hint hint)!  Also, whilst talking about Jabba, will there be a non-animated version with throne anytime soon - it's been 24 years - and in need of a re-sculpt and re-issue?

ANSWER:  There will be a new Jabba in Clone Wars style released late in the year, in the Battle Pack series.  Right now there are no plans for Ziro but we are fielding a lot of interest in the character so do not rule out the possibility for sometime well down the road (since he would require a new sculpt and we currently do not have him slotted in).  As for a new 'classic" Jabba - we hear you and are developing plans, but you will have to wait a while yet.  We can promise he will be worth the wait...

QUESTION:  With The Force Unleashed just around the corner, we remember seeing carded images of a Stormtrooper Commander (with blue markings) and wondered if this was ever going to be released? (editor's note: here's a link to a report on Jedi News - http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=740)

ANSWER:  We're sorry, but we don't have any updated news from our friends at Lucasfilm to share with you.  We have asked them for a bigger picture of where and how this figure will appear so we can pass it on as quickly as possible and get the word out.

QUESTION:  What factors decide which figures/battle packs/vehicles etc. are repacked when a new line comes out?  For instance; why was the Imperial EVO Trooper from TFU repacked as part of the Legacy Collection Greatest Hits over say the Imperial Jumptrooper?  Sometimes the decision seems obvious, and other times not.

ANSWER:  We based the decision on which figure we perceived would sell a bit better than the other.  In the end, we could have picked either as they both flew out at retail.   We will look to repack the Imperial Jumptrooper down the road., but we don't have a time frame for it.  Hang in there though - we're glad fans are digging this figure too.

JEDIDEFENDER

QUESTION:  Many collectors have their own ideas on which vintage Kenner figures have yet to be updated. Some consider the Bespin Guard to be done because we got the PotJ version, but others don’t consider him done until we get the black variant. Same goes for the Imperial Dignitary - some think the ones we got are close enough, others want the exact dignitary from the Kenner run. What does your “Kenner figures we still need to modernize” list look like? Do you guys count some modern figures as "close enough" or do you still have a pretty long list running?

ANSWER:  Great question. We consider a figure "completed" in the spirit of Vintage if we are satisfied that the articulation and sculpting is as "good as it's gonna get." So we would not put the Bespin Guard in that camp. Others that have been upgraded but not appeared on Vintage cardbacks (like 4-LOM) we consider upgraded. As for the Imperial Dignitary, we would only consider that one "complete" if we did the same dignitary (Sate Pestage, although he was not named then) with modern aesthetics.

QUESTION:  A lot of collectors seem to have missed the last wave of Galactic Heroes prior to the packaging change. Will we see the Aayla/Bly, Mundi/Bacara, Gree/Tarfful, and Tiin/Kolar 2-packs repackaged in the new line any time soon so folks can get caught up again?

ANSWER:  Yes - we'll bring all four of those back out around January 2009.

QUESTION:  It seems like every so often, someone will bug you in the Q&A about the lack of SA Rebels, so we figure it’s our turn this month. Where do we stand on the SA Rebel Trooper redos? Have you had a chance to slot us in that new SA Rebel Fleet Trooper or SA Hoth Trooper yet?

ANSWER:  There will be a new SA Hoth Rebel Trooper in a Spring 2009 wave. A new Rebel Fleet Trooper has not been slotted in yet, but we are looking for an opportunity to get it in, hopefully in 2010.

MOUSEDROID

QUESTION:  In the most recent release of the Titanium Series, the otherwise-wonderful TIE Defender has a massive flaw - a permanently attached stand. I'm wondering why this was done, considering both that all other Titaniums have not had this, plus it severely limits the fun and playability of the vehicle, especially for kids?

ANSWER:  The issue is one of safety. If we left the back of the ship open, there would be a possibility that the vehicle could stand up and be stable on the floor when the third wing is opened. This would leave the wings pointing up, which would be a projection hazard (for example, if someone stepped on it). We could not move forward with the vehicle until this was solved, and the solution was to make sure that the stand was permanently attached to prevent this. There was no other way, unfortunately, to deliver this otherwise very cool vehicle in the interest of safety.

QUESTION:  I have a couple of questions about everyone's favourite Nautolan Jedi, Kit Fisto:
A) After seeing the upcoming figures for Clone Wars line, I can't wait for an Animated style Kit Fisto. What information, if any, can you provide us on his release?
B) After getting a couple of the recently released Clone Scuba Troopers and posing them with the shirtless Kit Fisto, I realised that this is a figure that needs a serious overhaul. Basically he only has 2 poses standing and diving. To improve the figures possibility and give him more 'underwater action poses' he needs ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, waist and knees. His ankles are fine as they are and if you wanted to perhaps give him ball-jointed hips. What, if any, are the chances of this figure being updated in the future with any or all of these suggestions?

ANSWER:  Kit is one of our favorites too, so you can bet that if there's one coming in the animation we'll be there with a new version (so consider it confirmed, for release sometime early 2009). As for an updated version of the "underwater" Kit from the first Clone Wars, it's a great suggestion but at this point it's unlikely we'll significantly upgrade that tool since he's based on the previous Clone Wars..

QUESTION:  Has the absence of Jar-Jar Binks from the toy line since 2002's Attack of the Clones been a conscious decision on behalf of Hasbro? It seems a little suspicious that you maintain that kids are the core buyers of the Star Wars action figure line and yet poor ol' Jar-Jar gets neglected year after year - even though he's essentially a character that's aimed towards kids. Is there any chance that we may see a brand new lanky Gungan either in the 'realistic' line, or the Clone Wars animated line?

ANSWER:  We have been Gungan-lite for a long time now, preferring to focus elsewhere for Episode I newness. However, we do have our sites set on a new Gungan for 2009, and we will probably be looking at a new Jar-Jar in 2010 or beyond.

RAVING TOY MANIAC

QUESTION:  Is a super-articulated Republic Commando figure in the works yet?

ANSWER:  Right now, we do have an update slotted into the last wave of Evolution packs in Spring 2009, pending all schedules working in our favor.

QUESTION:  Does Hasbro still use the RealScan technology? If so, there is a life-mask made from the late Peter Cushing which Gentle Giant used for a mini-bust a few years back. Would it be possible to use a scan of this life-mask to one day make an updated ANH Tarkin figure?

ANSWER:  We do not use the RealScan technology due to the degree of rework each one required. We found it better to sculpt from scratch.

QUESTION:  Any plans for the following in the Galactic Heroes line:
- Dagobah Yoda from ESB
- Queen Amidala from TPM
- Jedi Starfighters from ROTS
- Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ
- Rebel Fleet Trooper from ANH
- Obi-Wan w/ Jedi robe & Jango Fett w/ removable helmet from AOTC

ANSWER:  There is some good news for you...we can confirm that there IS an EpIII version Starfighter coming out late 2009 along with the Rebel Fleet Trooper. Dagobah Yoda: We did one not too long ago teamed with Spirit Obi-Wan and are not likely to do one again. Queen Amidala: We don't have any additional Amidala figures coming beyond the "white outfit" we have already done. Emperor from RotJ will probably be out in 2010 (not confirmed yet). No plans right now for an Obi-Wan with Jedi robe but that's a good candidate for a redo of Obi-Wan. As far as Jango/Boba with removable helmet, it has been proposed but still no word on whether we will be able to do it.

To be continued as more sites file their Q&A reports.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:59:40 PM by Gold 5 » Logged

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES - HASBRO Q&A ROUNDUP - Week of September 5th, 2008 - PART 4

REBELSCUM

QUESTION:  We know that ANH is wave five, will the 2009 waves continue on with six, etc. or will the number be reset for 2009. Will the case numbering match to the numbers that you use in the promotional materials (we probably just saw some in the presentation). How about the figure numbering? Will they continue with 29 and so-forth, or will they reset to 1?

ANSWER:  We will continue with the figure numbering as it has been set out for this Fall. The waves, though, will reset to 2009 so the first wave of 2009 will be "Wave 1 '09."

QUESTION:  We often hear that you like to release certain genres (such as Padme Amidala figures) at the rate of one per year so as to not overconcentrate them in a given year. But in many cases, with only ten years left before the license runs out, we'll get nowhere near to completing a genre "in time." This becomes even more concerning when we consider that there's a whole live action TV series coming that will further remove the focus from older "not yet covered" materials.

Taking the example of the Padme figures, this year not withstanding (with five releases) - how do you foresee handling the 20+ variations of Padme that have yet to be made in only ten years time - at the rate of one per year? Obviously we can't expect an Evolutions set every year, but is there EVER a chance that we might see more collector oriented sets that would cover the non-action variations of the character?

ANSWER:  We really don't know how to answer that one because we haven't thought that far out - we pretty much take it a year at a time, thankful that the collector interest in Star Wars remains very high and we can get to another full year of figures! What will the future hold? We can only wait and see ourselves, hopeful that we can keep spreading the excitement across all of the various sub-genres collectors and we have come to love.

QUESTION:  We feel obliged once again to question your use of the "old style" comic book art coloring for the Marvel series of comic packs. We've read your various answers on the topic, and for whatever there seems to be a gap between your customers and your vision. Given that the Marvel comic packs are designed for the "older EU" crowd, harkening back to the nostalgia of the comic books - the older fans are the very ones that are complaining about the colors on these. How is asking for realistic coloring on these different from getting realistic styling on the Clone Wars micro series figures like Yoda and the Kybuck or Roron Corobb? Those were all "interpretations" of the characters, how would realistic coloring be different for these?

ANSWER:  Fair point. Next time we are faced with a choice from Marvel, we will discuss the issue with Lucasfilm. We do not anticipate changing the current releases, however, since those production runs are done.

SANDTROOPERS

QUESTION:  Why does it cost more money to manufacture a ball joint for a Star Wars figure than for a GI Joe figure?

ANSWER:  There are many reasons why we cannot directly compare the costs involved in making figures across different lines, including royalties and negotiation with our vendors on costing.  This needs to be accounted for up front when making any decisions on what can/cannot be worked into a line.

QUESTION:  Hasbro often (understandably) cites the costs of production as a crucial aspect of their decision-making process. This being the case, how much does it cost to take an entirely new (not re-paints or older heads on new figures or vice versa, etc.) basic action figure from proposed idea ("How about a Fixer figure?") to prototypes ("Do you like this one with a bigger hat or this one with goggles?") to finished product ready for mass production ("That's the one. Go."), including the card and packaging? As a follow-up, what is the average number of a basic figure that is produced (like the Legacy Yarna, for example) and what are the average costs of mass production, shipping, etc.? Finally, how much does a cloth robe, poncho, dress, jacket, etc. add to this cost? I realize these costs are not fixed and vary widely but as a corporate entity, you must have the information somewhere. Again, averages/estimates are fine.

ANSWER:  We will never reveal specific production quantities or development costs regarding the manufacturing of any product at Hasbro. While this may seem a great question that fans would like answered, this information is proprietary to Hasbro and would reveal valuable competitive information that we cannot share.  What you should know (and probably do already), is that everything comes at a cost - if a new line can afford all new tooling, great, if not then we look for ways to offset the cost by adding some new parts or soft goods in an effort to keep the overall wave in target.  In a related vein, the quantity we release of any figure is also factored into the equation, and characters like Yarna and other "collector only" figures are factored in at the lowest release quantities compared to the main heroes or high-demand troopers.

QUESTION:  We've seen the Clone Trooper Power Quad for the kiddies, what's the chance of converting a similar Hasbro product into a Dewback or maybe Speeder Bike? PLEASE?

ANSWER:  Troops- we have NO idea what you are talking about on this one. Care to elaborate?

SIR STEVE'S GUIDE

QUESTION:  Since you just gave us 3 of the 5 characters with their unique sandstorm costumes, can we expect Sandstorm Lando and Leia to finish out the sandstorm scene? There was some confusion about the Leia figure, going back and forth on whether it'd be done in the future, and we're not really sure where it stands now; and Lando simply didn't get an answer on at all. So, can we complete this nifty deleted scene some day, and when? Basics or battle pack, whatever it takes to complete the scene, right?

ANSWER:  We are hoping to get to Leia in 2010, but had not slotted Lando in. That's a good suggestion for completing that scene, so we'll take a look at Lando as a possibility when we bring out Leia.

QUESTION:  With Titanium Series, could you fill us in on how decisions are made as to which new designs are taken to production, and how large a run that item may get? Are there Titaniums that Hasbro had to pass on due to budgetary issues (we know the Battlestar Galactic classic Basestar is one that you guys said wasn't feasible)? Should we expect to see more and more plastic used in place of metal on future releases? Any "favorites" and "most disappointing" Titaniums for the designers you guys might be willing to share?

ANSWER:  Our criteria has changed somewhat over the past couple years, in order to get more newer (and often niche) vehicles into the lineup. The designs are selected by our team here, suggested to Lucasfilm, and the final lineup is a combination of both group's ideas on new ships. The waves are structured somewhat like basic figures, with the more iconic figures carrying forward from wave to wave and the more obscure vehicles (which describes many of the newly tooled ships) getting more limited runs confined to a single wave only. It's been only recently that we have been "re-releasing" classic ships like the Millennium Falcon; prior to that pretty much everything ran for a short time and then disappeared. The same can be said for the "fleet" approach (X-Wings, Y-Wings, etc) in an attempt to keep classics out there but provide some newness for collectors by delivering meaningful repaints. There are no ships we have had to pass on because of budgetary issues, and do not see the amount of metal vs. plastic changing from the current balance. Among favorites are the new X-Wing and the Cloud Car and MTT (long overdue!). There are a couple of disappointments for us. The first is that it's just impossible given the nature of the collection to work in a consistent scale. That's just the nature of the beast since we do not have any other options for alternate sizes/scales/price points in Titanium. A second one would be the inherent limitations of die-cast in getting the same level of detail and precision that we are so accustomed to achieving with plastic. We have learned a lot about working with the medium, however, and think that our current and upcoming ships keep getting better and better.

QUESTION:  While the AT-TE is an amazing toy, an issue has arisen that with the leg joints popping back out rather than supporting the weight of this massive vehicle. Inflicting battle damage can be fun for play, but only when it's intentional. Many fans report even slight pressure applied to the top of the vehicle - say, perhaps, like pressing a button to reveal the rear deck or set off sound effects - causes either hip or knee joints to pop out of their sockets. Are you aware of this issue? Is this intentional to avoid breakage, and if so, isn't it a little more aggressive at this task than need be? Will this be addressed in later releases or perhaps mail-away adapters or something?

ANSWER:  Glad you wrote us, and help spread the word. We have confirmed that some of the AT-TE's do have middle legs that breakaway more easily than intended (breakaway legs are a deliberate design feature of the vehicle). We have addressed this and we offer replacement middle legs through our Hasbro Customer Service Dept that should solve the issue. Consumer Affairs can be reached through our web site at hasbro.com. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Our objective is to make sure that consumers are 100% satisfied with their AT-TE, so anyone who is having an issue, please contact us.

STAR WARS ACTION NEWS

QUESTION:  Having seen the Clone Wars movie I think it is completely clear that the new character people feel strongest about is Ziro the Hutt. Can we expect the newest Hutt gangster to be immortalized in plastic sometime soon? (And if the answer is "no", how can such a travesty occur?)

ANSWER:  We do not have a Ziro in the works.  We have adopted a more "wait-and-see" attitude for him, and he certainly has gotten people going one way or the other.  He's not someone we would release at mainline retailers, so we'll be looking for an exclusive opportunity with him.  Due to timing, he would not make 2009 in any case.

QUESTION:  It seems first day of issue figures are much more plentiful than the previous foil Ultimate Galactic Hunt figures were, which seems counter-intuitive as FDOIs have a smaller window for creation/distribution while UGH figures were whatever you wanted them to be. Were the production numbers of FDOI figures higher than UGH figures, lower, or about the same? And does each figure have the same number of FDOIs out there, or are there more FDOI Clones than FDOI Yarnas?

ANSWER:  The First Day of Issue foils were indeed more plentiful than the previous UGHs, but that was unavoidable.  This is due to the fact that each case pack put out on the first day had some foils, and the quantity of figures needed to set the shelves (the initial production batch) was larger than that typically needed for subsequent waves of an assortment (which all previous UGHs have been).  We can confirm that in the U.S., at least, all of the First Day issues were produced in the same quantity within their runs (all First Day Clone Wars figures are equal, all First Day Legacy figures are equal).  There are more First Day Clone Wars figures than Legacy figures, however.

QUESTION:  In your previous Q&As you reference figures being slated for 09, and sometimes reference tentative schedules for '10 and even '11. Given that you have things planned so far in advance, do you have such long-range plans for waves of the animated-style figures, and how many waves of animated style figures are currently slated for 09?

ANSWER:  We don't mention any specifics for 2010 or beyond because those plans are not drawn up yet, and are in the process of being put together right now.  We may have mentioned that there is a strong possibility for a figure in 2010, meaning that we will give that character a lot of consideration and there is a good chance he would make the line.  Since we plan in full years, we have 2009 all mapped out at this point and soon will have 2010. It's too early to release information on the total number of animated style figures coming in 2009, but to ballpark it  will be somewhere between what we did in 2008 and what we have typically done in the Saga/Legacy collections. 

To be continued.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:58:19 PM by Gold 5 » Logged

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:54 AM »

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES - HASBRO Q&A ROUNDUP - Week of September 5th, 2008 - PART 5

SW COLLECTOR

QUESTION:  I, like most collectors, have been very pleased and impressed by the quality of the new Build-A-Droid pack-ins, as well as all the other cool astrodroids which have recently been released or announced. Can you tell me if my favorite unmade astromech, R2-A5, is on the famous "list" for eventual release, or, if not, how I can get him on there?

ANSWER:  We have him on our list of Droids we'd like to do, but don't know if we will be able to get to him as he is not officially slotted in anywhere right now. There is a good chance though that if he does not appear as a Droid Factory buildable figure that we will target somewhere else for him before too long.

QUESTION:  I know it's the Joe Team's thing, but I am totally enamored by their DVD Battle Packs. I've heard that Hasbro owns the rights to the included 80's cartoons, so I'm sure that cuts down on costs and complications. I'd love to see Battle Packs or comic style 2 packs like this with the old Droids and Ewoks cartoons on DVD. Are the rights to distribute that media like that just too complicated and/or expensive to ever make this feasible? Or have you ever even really looked into this?

ANSWER:  You are right that we own the GI Joe entertainment library, and the DVD packs would not have been possible prior to that. The rights to the Ewoks and Droids series belong to Fox, and we have talked to Lucasfilm about the possibility of including episodes on DVD as pack-ins. As they are currently in distribution this is not an option.

QUESTION:  The San Diego "Disturbance in the Force" set is really nice, and it got me to thinking. We've got a whole slew of Holographic figures, and I bet a light-up base would really make them pop! Could we see a "generic" holographic projector base, perhaps as part of a Battle Pack or something, that could conceivably be used with any of the holographic figures?

ANSWER:  That is an interesting idea, and one that we have considered but just not found the right opportunity for it. It by itself does not make a compelling piece for a Battle Pack, so we would need to find another format to do it.

THE JAWA

QUESTION:  It is painfully obvious now that the problems people are having with the AT-TE legs falling off are not isolated incidents.  Do you plan on doing anything about this?  Perhaps issue a recall, or issue parts that can keep these things from collapsing?  I'd like (and many readers would like) to know if you are working on a definitive response to this issue.

ANSWER:  We're glad you wrote us and help spread the word.  We have confirmed that some of the AT-TE's do have middle legs that breakaway more easily than intended (breakaway legs are a deliberate design feature of the vehicle). We have addressed this and we offer replacement middle legs through our Hasbro Customer Service Dept that should solve the issue. Consumer Affairs can be reached through our web site at hasbro.com.  We are sorry for any inconvenience. Our objective is to make sure that consumers are 100% satisfied with their AT-TE, so anyone who is having an issue, please contact us.

QUESTION:  For the upcoming Sarlacc Pit battlepack, will the Skiff get a new deco given how far paint apps have come from PotF2 days? Could Hasbro also look at making the legs used to prop up the vehicle out of a transparent plastic rather than opaque, this way it would heighten the illusion of the skiff "floating" above the pit.  And finally, can you confirm for us that the beak is removable so that we purists who prefer to display the pit without the special edition alterations can also do so?

ANSWER:  We can confirm that the Skiff will sport a new, more updated paint job, but we kept the legs the same color since they are in a shared tool with many of the other parts.  Running the tool a second time to get clear legs was not an option, unfortunately.  Also, we can confirm that the beak is removable.  Purists rejoice!

QUESTION:  Will we ever see any more George Lucas figures?  It occurred to me that we really haven't been offered a modern super-articulated George Lucas figure yet!  Perhaps George as a Jedi, a clonetrooper, or removable helmet Biker Scout or Kashyyyk Trooper?

ANSWER:  Well, we are sort of laying low with tributes to George, because we have to be careful to make the requests only for very specific occasions and to keep such tributes special.  We don't have another in the works right now, but that could always change if we come up with a great idea and Lucasfilm agrees.

YAKFACE

QUESTION:  With the release of the Clone Wars Homing Spider Droid and their prominence in the Clone Wars movie, might we be seeing another release of the Dwarf Spider Droid in CW deco? If so will it be a repack/repaint release of the old sculpt or a new sculpt altogether? It would be great in an upcoming battlepack.

ANSWER:  We currently don't have it slotted in, but agree that it is a great candidate especially after seeing them in action so prominently in the Clone Wars movie. We would most likely pick up and use the same one, since it is a good model and has an interesting kid feature, but we'll take a look at it again if/when we decide to use it.

QUESTION:  I know a lot of collectors are becoming a more selective these days in their purchases considering the price hikes in most of the SW line coupled with the big ticket items like the Falcon and AT-TE. As a result, the repacks (Legends) were the first to go. Granted business is about making money, but would it be a cost savings from a packaging development/printing and figure production standpoint for Hasbro overall if this repack subline was dropped in favor of having the Legacy and Clone Wars line only? It might make the higher prices an easier pill to swallow for collectors.

ANSWER:  In fact, the impact of dropping Saga Legends would be the exact opposite! By being able to re-release our most popular figures for the kid audience, it allows us to maintain our focus on newness in the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. Our take on Saga Legends has always been that it is not for the core collector, since the figures in the lineup are unchanged from their previous release (with a very few exceptions such as the 501st upgrade figure). As such, collectors can "ignore" them if they choose and concentrate on the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. If MOC collectors feel "compelled" to get Saga Legends to keep their collections intact, then we are sorry for the burden, but then carded collectors are used to working against some fairly sizeable numbers as we continue to have success with the line.

QUESTION:  All on-screen Jedi Council members have been made into action figure at least once - except for Jedi Master Coleman Kcaj. He is of the Ongree species and was a Jedi Council Member prior to The Great Jedi Purge (Order 66) and has similiar likeness to that of Jedi Pablo Jill you released in a 2005 line. Will we be seeing a Coleman Kcaj figure being released anytime soon, whether it be a repaint of Pablo Jill with Soft Goods or a whole new sculpt? Then all the Jedi Council members would have been made.

ANSWER:  Good one. We had forgotten about him somewhat, but will take a look. In our opinion, any Jedi Council member deserves a basic carded release or an upgrade (even if deco only) eventually.

YODAS NEWS

QUESTION:  Can you give us a peak at what to expect for New Jedi Starfighter? Possibility of re-releasing the blue-green delta Clone Wars starfighter?

ANSWER:  We don't have anything more current than the one shown at Comic Con (see below). We can confirm that the colors will match those seen on-screen in the animation, so what we see is what you'll get.

LINK TO JEDI STARFIGHTER IMAGE

QUESTION:  Any plans to re-release the Jedi Council scene sets? I know they were popular. I really don't want to resort to ebay.

ANSWER:  We would not release them as such, but we would like to re-release most of the figures (with updated deco) on basic figure cards eventually. The first ones (Yaddle and Evan Piell) are due out any time. The rest have not been slotted in yet, but will be something we'll look at as we need to slot in "repaint" waves.

QUESTION:  Now that Hasbro sells protective cases for the basic STAR WARS 3¾" figures, how about getting some cases for the comic book two-packs? Many collectors leave all of our figures carded, and we would be more inclined to purchase comic packs if we had a secure option for hanging them on the walls with the rest of our collections. Any chance of this happening?

ANSWER:  It's unlikely that we will produce official Star Wars ones, simply for the fact that it took nearly 1-1/2 years to go through our first batch of regular cases and we are only now getting to a re-release. Given that comic packs are not as heavily collected as basic figures, it just doesn't make sense for us to do it in Star Wars alone. Perhaps a pan-Hasbro case would be in order, since there are several brands that could "share" the case (GI Joe being another one). We'll look into the possibility.

Keep checking back as more sites continue to file their Q&A reports.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:57:08 PM by Gold 5 » Logged

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:20:15 PM »

JEDI TEMPLE ARCHIVES - HASBRO Q&A ROUNDUP - Week of September 5th, 2008 - THE INDIANA JONES REPORT

COOL TOY REVIEW

QUESTION:  Hasbro, with this question, please, we need (desperately need!) a straightforward answer. Fears have come up that the line may be dead after the second Raiders wave. The overflow of pegwarmers, extremely hard to find Last Crusade figures (some made rarer by not appearing in Revision cases,) the lack of upcoming big pushes to buy Indy figures and what seems to be dying interest from kids are making fears even worse. How much longer do you see the line going? Obviously its not Star Wars, which has little to no dull looking characters, while some main characters like Brody are just men in suits, and Indy doesn't have as many characters to pull from as Star Wars, so none of us expect the line to go for more than two or three years.

ANSWER:  While we were hopeful that the line would generate a substantial collector following, it appears that IJ is still relatively small compared to other collector brands and you have outlined the situation exactly as it stands. With retail performance expectations high for the boys aisle, it remains a challenge to keep IJ a competitive brand without sustained entertainment and a reason for kids to remain engaged. We need kids to really keep the brand healthy and we are hopeful that they will come back to the line for the DVD releases and stick with us through the holiday. Beyond that we will have to wait and see.

QUESTION:  Hasbro, will you please admit that the 2008 Mutt Williams action figure(s) situation = 1999's Jar Jar Binks Episode 1 situation?

I'm not a Mutt hater, but there is NO WAY that your estimates of how popular Mutt is with kids is correct. No way. He is everywhere, and last time I checked, the movie was about Indiana Jones, not Mutt Williams. A ton of Indys on the pegs, sure. Makes perfect sense. Mutt? Not so much. So, drop any and all Mutts from ALL FUTURE CASE ASSORTMENTS, and replace them with The Last Crusade and, when the time comes, Temple of Doom figures.

ANSWER:  Mutt is the second-best selling figure next to Indy, right in line with our expectations. The version with jacket is a significantly better seller than the one without, though. We did that version based on the belief that Mutt had scenes without his jacket, which turned out to be incorrect.

QUESTION:  With all the speculation that the future of the Indiana Jones figure line is "uncertain" because of the glut of wave one and two figures currently on the shelf, and your response that it would take greater volume than an online retailer could provide to continue the line, I was wondering if this might be possible:

Much like Battlestar Galactica Titanium vehicles are mixed in with Star Wars assortments, would it be at all possible to include an Indiana Jones figure or two in with the Star Wars figure assortments?

This way, you could produce these Indy figures in the same volume you would any other Star Wars figure, it would generate excitement between the collectors of the two lines and it would give us Indy fans the figures we have been waiting for, for so long without killing off the line as a whole.

This line is simply too good just kill off completely because of a few unforeseen speed bumps out of the gate.

ANSWER:  What you outline may be possible, but whether we release additional IJ figures will depend on how IJ does through the holiday period.

INDIANA JONES COLLECTORS

QUESTION:  First a quick follow up to the one of our questions from last session  if we can. The question was asked about a Marcus Brody action figure.  The response was "It is unlikely we will do a Marcus Brody figure". Did you mean for next year or did you mean ever? And if so, is there  a "list" of the characters that won't be made?

ANSWER:  We can't really say never, as we hope there will be another Indy film, and if it comes to pass there will almost certainly be a Marcus Brody figure.

QUESTION:  Can we expect a 3.75" Belloq in white suit and Panama hat or a  3.75" Toht and German Mechanic in 2009?

ANSWER:  We did show images of a couple of these figures at Comic Con, which are planned for early Spring 2009. This is depending on retail support for IJ continuing through Spring 2009, something that we will be evaluating with our retail partners in the coming months.

QUESTION:  Weeks ago you confirmed you confirmed that an Ark Ghost was  coming in a deluxe set next year. Last Q&A session you changed your answer to no Ark Ghost was planned. Can you please clarify?

ANSWER:  We did have plans for an Ark ghost, but now it is no longer in the plans.

QUESTION:  What is the status of the Dietrich figure that was confirmed  months ago in a Q&A? He was missing from the new Raiders wave announced at Comic Con.

ANSWER:  He was planned to be in a later wave in 2009, not in the wave that was shown.

TOY NEWS I

QUESTION:  I was wondering if there is any chance of a deluxe pack, vehicle, or even an exclusive of Indy and Dr. Henry Jones with the motorcycle and sidecar that was in The Last Crusade?

ANSWER:  Right now, it looks unlikely that we'll get to that undoubtedly cool version.

QUESTION:  Are there any plans to do an 'Unleashed' line of Indiana Jones figures?

ANSWER:  There are no plans for an Unleashed IJ line.

QUESTION:  I am pleased with the Indy figures. Hell, I am probably as old as the sculpter are if not older. My question: Out of the Indy 3 3/4 inch line which figure would the team say is their peach "Best one". Please don't kill the line before the wave in 2009. Hasbro has put my favorites figures in that wave.

ANSWER:  We hope to get to the 2009 wave, but so much depends on the performance of the line through the holidays. As for our favorite? It would be just about every figure from the Temple of Doom wave..they really are some of our best work.

WELL OF THE SOULS

QUESTION:  There has been a lot of doom and gloom chatter recently about the future of the Indiana Jones line. The abundance of certain peg-warming figures, the rather short SDCC presentation and recent Q&A answers all seem to suggest the line could be coming to a close sometime in 2009.
One of the reasons posited for this is that the Indiana Jones line just isn't "kid friendly" enough. Most of the films are over 20 years old and, even with the relative commercial success of "KotCS", the toys are far more appealing to collectors rather than children.
Might it be possible to reposition the Indy toys as a smaller, collector-focused line, more akin to the 25th Anniversary GI Joe line? The Joe line features some really terrific toys, but the characters and media they are based upon are just as old and even more obscure than the classic Indy films, but that line (at least appears) to be doing rather well with more exciting items and conce pts on the way. Clearly, it would seem, GI Joe is not kept afloat by children, but by steady collector interest.
Rather than Indy trying to "compete" with a massive kid-friendly line like "Star Wars", which has been consistently ubiquitous in the pop culture for over ten years, might it be possible to transition the Indy line to a smaller, more select market? This would probably rule out large-scale vehicles, but, as a huge fan of the line I know I'm not alone when I say that we'd obviously rather be happy with even a small offering of say, 10 to 15 figures a year rather than nothing at all.

ANSWER:  The IJ collector base is not as large as the heavy hitter collector brands, so this makes it a challenge to craft a collector-only focused line that retailers see as a "must have" in years where there is no IJ entertainment. Lines like GI Joe have bigger collector bases and built-in repaint efficiency, which do not work in IJs favor.

QUESTION:  In your recent Q&A answers, you indicated that you aren't taking anything for granted about the future of the line until you see how things play out over the next few months and the only thing definite on the horizon is the 2009 "Raiders" wave previewed at Comic Con.
Recently, rumors have surfaced about a new vehicle assortment for early 2009, as well. Given that those vehicles were probably planned at one point to coincide with 2009's first new wave, do you still have plans to release those, as well, or are they also up in the air?

ANSWER:  Hasbro actually didn't send an answer to this question. We're trying to get them to respond to it, and will update when they do.

QUESTION:  We realize that continued support for the IJ line is what will decide its future beyond the holidays. However, there is a serious gap in the Raiders figure collection, and that is Toht. Since this figure has been on the cards since the line's inception (back when you planned a "Vintage" style, which fell through) and was shown at SDCC - not to mention technically being "almost done" since the body was used for the SDCC Cobra Commander - can we rest assured that it will indeed see the light of day before the end of this line? Or will this be another case of a figure being shown that makes us drool, only to be told "sorry, you'll never own it now"?

ANSWER:  The gaps do pain us as well, and we hope that we will be able to get to the figures shown at Comic Con. As you say, right now continued support for the IJ line is in consumers' hands to show th at demand for IJ will justify continued, ongoing retail support.

Keep checking back as more sites continue to file their Q&A reports.

Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »

UPDATE - Three sites added.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Themes

Permanent?
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc