Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favorite Figures  (Read 259 times)
gbhicks
Youngling

« on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »

I'm curious, what are your favorite figures you've found? Not necessarily the rarest ones, but what figures are you just blown away by as far as sculpt and overall quality?

For me, it has to be ANH Vader on the TVC card, and the Bespin Han Solo from the TVC...

There's other figures that are also quite good, such as the Starkiller figure from the TVC, and the Arc Trooper Commander, but those first two just blow me away.

I will say that I'm quit pleased with Clone Wars Chewie...I hate to say it, but I think he looks a bit better than the OTC Chewbacca. Also love my Hoth Leia figure.

DarthMac
Youngling

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »

The TVC Gammorean Guard is a work of art.
gbhicks
Youngling

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »

For some reason I'm not into the "jabbas palace" figures. But I would be if I could set up a diorama of them.
SarlaacSurvivor
Youngling

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:18:58 AM »

Avid reader of JTA Archives and War Room, first time poster. So Hello all Smiley

Well for me, sourcing figures in the UK has been a little hard (even when you work at Toys'R'Us), but id have to say from what i've picked up on my travels, Wave 3, Return of the Jedi had some great offerings. Even if i missed out on a Gamorrean Sad

-Admiral Ackbar  (overall sculpt was amazing)

-Woof (Yet another superb sculpt, head especially. Jabba's denizens are always a winner)

-Wicket (His eyes, the shine make them come to life, and the additional Ewoks hood was a great nod to the animated series)

Then Dengar from wave 1, mysterious, menacing look, just what he needs. Big fan of the Empire Bounty hunter line-up. Yet for some reason he's still warming the pegs at work after 2 years?!

The ROTJ deleted scenes wave was great, not just because i found them all on a BOGOF offer, but because 3 of the figures are 2 figures in one. If your not a fan of the sandstorm look, then Lando and Leia are Skiff guard and SLave outfit underneath, great! And Luke doubles as his simple Jedi Knight outfit (almost). (obviously i bought 3 of each for this reason). And i can never have too many Rebel pilots and personnel. So #7 Dack Ralter, #28 Wedge, #91 Calamari Pilot, #52 Fleet trooper and #68 echo base battle gear soldier, were all great, even if they eluded me at retail for a while!

And even if the figures are repacks or not perfect, just having them on the vintage card back makes them special.
Darth_Wheatley
Youngling

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »

I loved TVC Starkiller.
Its too bad that Shae Vizla's hands canbarely hold anything and have that jaw.
I'm also a fan of the 2008 clone wars Commander Fox. I know it is basically the exact same as most clones.
SarlaacSurvivor
Youngling

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »

I didnt really like Shae Vizla's headsculpt, didnt quite capture the lethal beauty that we see in The Old Republic cinematic trailers and scenes. Still a cool figure though.

Wish i'd found a Starkiller at retail, only ones now go for upwards of 20 over here in comic book stores and online! Darth Malgus too!
urrutiap
Youngling

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »

The two Weequay figures from Vintage Collection. the newer Weequay in the quilted type outfit and then the new vintage style figure based on the old 1983 Weequay figure.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Themes

Permanent?
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc