Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopes for 2011-vehicles and other stuff  (Read 541 times)
darth_apathy
Jedi Master

Just the Rebels sir...they're here

« on: December 30, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »

Same question as last year's topic. What are your hopes for vehicles and other things for 2011?

Vehicles-As far as vehicles go, there isn't too much for me. I don't forsee Hasbro making much of anything from the Original Trilogy for vehicles. There aren't that many left and those that are, Hasbro deems non-aggresive and therefore not interesting. Still, I would like to see an ESB version of the redone Slave 1. Also, Luke's landspeeder (Saga version) re-released since I missed it the first time. I would like to see a new Y-Wing that was discussed and a re-release of the X-Wing. Hopefully both the Y-Wing and X-Wing will be unreleased versions; maybe Red 6 plus a redone Porkins for the X-Wing and Gold 5 fand Pops for the Y-Wing.

Battlepacks/multi-packs-This is where I hope Hasbro blesses us OT fans. This is where we should get the 2nd Scanning trooper. I would like to see 1, maybe two collector oriented BP's and maybe some straight up army builder BP's for the OT. I would also like to see a Deluxe BP like the Rise of Boba Fett for the OT. Maybe we can get the ESB version of the Slave 1 and the mustachioed Bespin Guard (to recreate the Vintage version) in a set like this.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:43:55 PM by darth_apathy » Logged

My God man do they want tea?
Gold 5
War Room Staff
Jedi Council Member

Stay on target!

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »

Moved this here.  It seems more appropriate since vehicles have only been offered in Vintage Collection packaging as part of an exclusive promotion.

As for other vehicles?

LUKE'S LANDSPEEDER - We got an awesome resculpt of the landspeeder back in the Saga days but it was a TRU exclusive.  I'd like to see this one get considered for re-release.  And considering what Hasbro is doing with paint and deco these days I would LOVE to see how they might do a wind-blasted landspeeder.

IMPERIAL TROOP TRANSPORTER - It's a complete throwback to the Kenner days, but this would be a great offering to do in Vintage Collection packaging.  Especially after Dark Horse comics featured it in a Boba Fett one-off title.

DC0052 SPEEDER - This speeder got some play in REVENGE OF THE SITH.  And considering it got used by 2 main characters it seems like it could have some kid appeal.

WEDGE ANTILLES SNOW SPEEDER - After getting the amazing new Snow Speeder which is specific to Luke Skywalker, a version in Rogue 3 markings would be very welcome.

More to come....

Stabilize your rear deflectors.  Watch for enemy fighters.
darth_apathy
Jedi Master

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »

I second the Rogue 3 Snowspeeder. Throw in the Wedge;Snowspeeder and we'll call it good.

darth_apathy
Jedi Master

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »

After getting both Battle over Endor sets I am hoping for more of these in the future (sooner rather than later). I would like them to do this for the Battle of Yavin. They can do two sets just like before (but hey, I will gladly get three or four sets if offered). They can do a Red Squadron set and a Gold Squadron set. It would be super easy since all pilots wore the same flight suit in ANH. Give us Tiree, Pops, Pop's astromech, and another TIE Pilot (Vader's wingman #1) for set 1 and Theron Nett, Lt. Naytan (or a redone Porkins) an astromech (maybe Porkin's) and TIE Pilot (vader's other wingman) for set 2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Themes

Permanent?
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc